Education & Training
Programs & Professional Development
PINE provides an array of education programs to augment its mission to enhance member profitability.
Regional education offerings are complemented by additional learning opportunities from Printing Industries of America and other regional association affiliates.
Program formats vary. They include traditional, in-person seminars where attendees learn from a presenter or panel and through shared experiences with each other. Distance learning has become a viable method to deliver quality programming. Webinars, where participants log in through real-time video conferencing via a web browser and telephone conference connection, is a cost and time-effective way for members to participate. Groups and departments within individual member companies often particpate at a low cost of one log-in connection.
Webinars are also archived and accessible for members to access at their convenience.
Through all learning channels, PINE engages thought leaders, respected industry consultants and others who lead insightful learning opportunities. Specific topics and business functions that are addressed include:
- Improving Customer Service
- Sales Prospecting, Proposal and Closing Skills
- Managerial Leadership including Coaching and Team Building
- How to market, price and sell services such as Variable Data Printing
- How to leverage new tools and workflows such as Web2Print solutions
Topical issues are presented for:
- Owners, Presidents & other C-level Executives
- Human Resource Managers and HR Careerists
- Financial officers including Credit and Collection Managers
- Information Technology and Database Managers
- Sales Managers and Account Execs
- Customer Service Managers and Reps
- Prepress, Workflow and other Production Employees
- Safety Managers, Quality Control Officers, among others.
Educational programs are held at PINE’s headquarters in Southborough, MA, as well as other venues throughout New England including at member companies.
Education and sharing information on key trends, tactics and strategies form a common theme woven through many of PINE’s major programs throughout the year. Keynote presentations, in depth seminars and informal roundtable discussions are held at the annual Print Management Conference, the annual print buyer/media specifier conference; and marketing and selling showcase events for suppliers and vendors who serve print service providers.
Programs are scheduled continuously throughout the year. Check our calendar of upcoming events for more details. Also, check with Director of Programs Christine Hagopian about training discounts with partner suppliers.